Zillow had another record month for traffic in May 2009 -- 8.9 million unique visitors, up 72% year-over-year.
(Note: Zillow measures our traffic using Omniture logs which track the actual usage of our website, rather than a small panel of users which are then extrapolated to try to guess the actual usage.)
Here are some other interesting tidbits from our record month in May:
- 17.1% of residents in the San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose area visited Zillow in the month of May. 17%!! That's crazy.
- 12.2% of Seattle residents visited in May.
- 11.7% of San Diego residents visited in May.
- Our traffic is growing 80% year-over-year in New York and 88% year-over-year in Washington DC
- Our largest city in terms of visitor traffic is Los Angeles, where 1.6 million visitors came to the site in May.
Here are our traffic statistics by city. Please check your city to see how big we are in your neck of the woods. Type your city into the "search" box in the upper right of the file here.
[These numbers are total visitors, not unique visitors. The shorthand math is that we get about 2 visitors per visitor, so if you want to get to the unique visitor count in your city, divide the numbers below by 2.]
And remember that you can speak with someone on our sales team at 866-324-4005 or learn more here.