Recently my colleague and fellow ARer (is that a word?) Spencer, did a post recapping a recent survey of Realtors who use Zillow. It was very interesting and I wanted to give that post some attention.
To build on Spencer's post, it is also interesting to look at the flip side with regard to how the general public is using Zillow.
So for all of you number people out there, enjoy!
- 4 Million unique people visiting the site each month.
- 25% of these people come more than 10 times in the same month!
- 21% of this audience are real estate professionals (Investors, Agents, Brokers, Lenders, Builders, Appraisers).
- 90% of our audience owns a home and 65% are actively in the real estate market.
- Over 40,000 Agents have created a free profile on Zillow.
- 37 Million homes have been viewed on Zillow since launch- that's 40% of all homes in the country!
- More than 25,000 community contributions are made to the site each day.
- 1.5 Million homes have been claimed by their owners, with about 1,000,000 of them updating some information on the record.
- Nearly 4 Million photos have been added by people.
- 151,000+ discussion point and 70,000+ questions and answers on homes have been written
- The 2007 CAR study showed that buyers considered Zillow one of the most useful sites during the home buying process, ahead of Craigslist or Google. Specific CAR rankings for most useful:
- Web sites with listings that buyer was interested in (81%),
- Individual agent's Web site (80%),
- Realtor.com (80%)
- Zillow (54%)
- Real estate company web sites (40%)
- Craigslist (24%)
- Google (7%)
- Over 100,000 homeowners have posted a Make Me Move price since the feature launched a year ago.
- Most people who post a Make Me Move price on their home plan to use an agent if the home sells:
- 91% of homeowners who posted a Make Me Move price say they would consider paying an agent commission if their home were to sell. Most (64%) say they would pay between 2-3%.
- About half (45%) of people who post a Make Me Move price on their home say they would use an agent on the sell side to complete the transaction.